Are you a dynamic team member who thrives on a challenge, loves working with people and has a genuine passion for client service delivery? A team player who appreciates the value of an energetic team environment and respects cultural diversity?
Bega Garnbirringu Health Services (Bega) is currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and committed applicants. If you have any questions please contact (08) 9022 5591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All advertised positions may require one or more of the following:
- Current Police Certificate (not older than 3 months)
- Current WA Working with Children Check
- Current WA Driver’s Licence
Please Note: Applications received via indeed.com; other Recruitment Agencies and without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Aboriginal Community Care Worker
Sobering Up Shelter Under the direction of the Homelessness Coordinator, you will assist in the physical wellbeing of shelter clients as well as supervise the sobering up process. Shifts vary between the following Monday – Friday 5.00pm to 12.00am or 12.00am to 7.00am. The successful applicant will possess a current WA drivers’ licence and police certificate; effective verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated problem-solving skills; demonstrated organisation and time-management skills; must be reliable; and have an understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Community Engagement Worker
The purpose of this position is to provide and facilitate support for our clients to access relevant services to address homelessness, substance misuse, violence and social dysfunction.
Under the direction of the Social Worker, you will promote individual and community wellbeing, reduce substance abuse through the provision of referral and access to culturally appropriate AOD prevention, education, treatment, rehabilitation and aftercare services for the ATSI people of the Goldfields region, including Ninga Mia and Boulder camp.
Aboriginality is essential to the Community Engagement Worker position under Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
We are seeking two Community Engagement Workers
Under the guidance of the Regional Tobacco Coordinator, you will provide a holistic approach in assisting young people to make a healthy transition to adulthood and ensuring their social and emotional well-being through culturally appropriate engagement and support services.
CASUAL pool – Clinic and New Directions; When required, transporting clients to and from Bega Health Clinic and or specialist clinics. Requires a current WA drivers licence (C, MR).
CASUAL pool – Clinic When required, be the primary purpose of this position is to promote the image of Bega Garnbirringu Health Services by being the first point of contact providing professional and friendly assistance for all clients and customers in the reception position including telephone answering, appointments and general enquiries.
Health Practitioner – Mobile Clinic
Bega Garnbirringu Health Service (Bega) are currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and committed applicants to fill the role of Health Practitioner (Mobile Clinic)
- As the Health Practitioner you will provide health clinical assessment and treatment, care coordination, client support and community development activities to clients and families of the Goldfields.
- You must be able to undertake scheduled travel within the Goldfields region on a regular basis, up to 4-5 days at a time and have an interest in developing and maintaining effective networks, alliances and relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and other Health Organisations.
- Due to the remote nature of this work, we require our Mobile Clinic team to have at least 2 years Primary Health Care experience.
- You must hold a current AHPRA registration as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner, Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse; hold a current “MR” or higher WA drivers licence (or willing to obtain); police certificate (not older than 6 months); current working with children’s check.
Health Practitioner – New Directions
Bega Garnbirringu Health Service (Bega) are currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and committed applicants to fill the role of Health Practitioner (New Directions).
- As a Health Practitioner – New Directions you will involved in Maternal and Child health clinical assessment and treatment, care coordination, client support and community development activities.
- You must have a current registration with AHPRA as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner, Enrolled or Registered Nurse; police certificate (not older than 6 months); current working with children’s check; current WA drivers licence.
- This position may require you to travel on Outreach as required.