Guide for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in joining Bega Garnbirringu Health Services.
Please read carefully our Guide for Applicants for instructions on how to apply for our vacant positions.
** Please click the position title for the detailed position description**
If no vacancies are listed and you are interested in working with Bega, we invite you to lodge an expression of interest (EOI) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist the Aboriginal Homeless & Fringe Dweller Support Service Worker and Rough Sleeper Outreach Workers in their day-to-day operations. To facilitate an integrated approach between specialist homelessness services and mainstream agencies and to assist clients to improve their shelter/environmental circumstances, considering individual, cultural and lifestyle choices.
Under the direction of the Social Emotional Wellbeing Coordinator, Counsellors are to ensure the delivery of culturally appropriate social and emotional health support to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities of the Goldfields.
Outreach travel will be required for this position.
This position works within a small team environment with the aim of improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the provision of comprehensive and culturally appropriate primary health care services.
The primary function of this position is to provide high quality health care including assessment, examination, treatment and case management, along with contributing to the development of models of holistic health incorporating continuity of care.
This position provides specialist child health services to children and their families who are clients of Bega. Including but not limited to, child health screening, care coordination of children requiring child development and/or specialist pediatric services, implementation of child immunisation programs, health promotion and supporting skills development in the area of child health for Bega clinic staff.
The purpose of this position is to provide a safe, care orientated environment which persons found intoxicated in public may sober up, therefore diverting them from police lock ups.
Expression of Interest: General Practitioner
About the Position
This position is a highly varied role that will see you working as part of a multi-disciplinary clinic team to deliver a comprehensive, holistic, culturally appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of the Goldfields Region.
Outreach travel throughout the Goldfields with the Mobile Clinic team, up to 3-4 nights as required.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Relevant qualification and registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of comprehensive primary health care and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- Primary health care experience with advanced clinical skills and competencies needed to work effectively within an Aboriginal primary health care setting
- Understanding of the issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people including social determinants of health
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable accreditation standards including RACGP
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality and a high level of accuracy
- Work effectively as a member of a team in an environment of competing priorities
The purpose of this position is to assist in the daily clinical operations of Bega by transporting clients to and from the Bega clinic.
This is a permanent part time position with the employee required to work every Friday.